Think about all of the routine things you do every single day that take you about five seconds to complete: there are hundreds of them. Things like putting on a shoe, starting your car, taking a bite of food, opening a door, flushing a toilet, zipping up your zipper, turning on a faucet…
These simple tasks require minimal effort, and you can do many of them without even thinking. Here is a simple but powerful five second weight loss tip. I will even give you a hint… Have you ever listened to the NPR program called “Weight, Weight, Don’t tell me?”
Actually it is “Wait, Wait, Don’t tell me” but the idea I am talking about is to get a digital scale and weigh yourself every single day. In other words, tell me my weight. Tell me my weight. We all need feedback, and we must keep score.
For the life of me, I do not understand why people interested in losing weight are not willing to invest five seconds in weighing themselves daily.
Is it because our lives are too busy? No. Is it because it might discourage us? Probably. Some days we try really hard to eat a little less, and our weight goes up. So what!! It has something to do with water retention. Big deal. We can handle that kind of disappointment.
I believe keeping score is critical for weight loss success. Can you imagine going bowling and not keeping score? Not much fun, right? How about watching a football game without knowing the score?
Come on people, it just takes five seconds to weigh ourselves. It takes just five more seconds to record it. Boom!
So much for my rant today. “Weight, Weight, do tell me,” please.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
- Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.
- End yo-yo dieting for good. Decide to lose weight permanently with a lifetime strategy.
- Simply think of food as fuel for your body, and you are filling the tank. You are in charge!
- Enjoy your journey to your new healthy weight, and keep a sense of humor.
- SIT OR SPIT!
- Create an extensive list of diversions to keep you from giving in to a craving.
- Lose weight slowly.
- Work raw vegetables into your day in a creative way.
- Use this 1-100 hunger-fullness scale.
- Take a One Minute Pause 3 different times at every meal.
- Start eating at number 33, and stop eating at number 66.