We could lose a ton of weight if we took just one or two less bites of food at every meal.
So why do we continue to stuff ourselves?
We don’t have to any more. Starting today, we can learn and practice the critical skill of stopping our meal sooner. Here are some tips.
Diet tip 51 of 100
Use this 1-100 hunger-fullness scale
1-10 So hungry would consider cannibalism.
11-20 Overhungry, a little panicky about finding food as soon as you can.
21-32 Stomach growling mildly and ready to eat.
33 Perfect hunger level to begin a meal.
34-40 Hunger has just subsided a little but not feeling satisfied yet.
41-50 Beginning to feel a little satisfied.
51-65 Satisfaction growing, but want to eat just a little more.
66 Comfortably satisfied… Just the right amount of food. Time to put down the fork.
67-70 Begin to realize that you are full and need to stop. You have gone a little too far.
71-80 You are overfull, and know you are overfull, and should not eat another bite.
81-90 You are totally miserable, and can barely breathe.
91-100 Begging to have your stomach pumped and have sworn off eating for the rest of your life.
Diet tip number 52 of 100
Take a One Minute Pause 3 different times at every meal.
Make a conscious decision to stop at three different times at every meal for one full minute. Gauge your hunger-fullness number during each pause. Make a mental note of the number.
Weight loss tip number 53 of 100
Start eating at number 33, and stop eating at number 66.
Shoot for hitting a hunger level of 33 before you start eating, and a satiety level of 66 when you quit eating. This takes a lot of practice, but it has to be done for a chance at permanent weight loss.
Do not eat unless you are hungry. And stop eating when you first feel comfortably satisfied.
Weight loss tip 53 of 100
Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
Nothing good happens when you stuff yourself. Many people start their temporary diets the day after this happens. If you are letting yourself get overfull you are doomed to being overweight.
If you find that you have a hunger level of 1-10 and you feel cannibalistic, Never, ever eat a clown! You know why?
They taste kind of funny. 🙂
Thus the corny joke. Keep your sense of humor no matter what.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
- Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.
- End yo-yo dieting for good. Decide to lose weight permanently with a lifetime strategy.
- Simply think of food as fuel for your body, and you are filling the tank. You are in charge!
- Enjoy your journey to your new healthy weight, and keep a sense of humor.
- SIT OR SPIT!
- Create an extensive list of diversions to keep you from giving in to a craving.
- Lose weight slowly.
- Work raw vegetables into your day in a creative way.