Do you come home starved at night like me? I work out at my health club every afternoon, and I am ready to eat something as soon as I walk in the door.
In less than 90 seconds, I create my personal bowl of fully-loaded “Slow Sloppy Spickle Sticks.” They are delicious, satisfying, crunchy, salty, creamy, and put a major kibosh on my out of control appetite.
I eat them before dinner. They are healthy, nutritious, and fun to eat. And here is the best part:
I savor them for a full 20 to 30 minutes. I am calm and in control and eat a reasonable dinner. I save a few hundred calories every day and I feel totally satisfied after my one portion.
Here is my recipe:
- Cut up 3 stalks of celery into 3 pieces. That would result in 9 pieces. Then cut each one of those 9 pieces length-wise into 3, which total 27 thin strips of celery to put in your bowl or plate.
- Sprinkle the following on the celery… salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper.
- Squeeze a little sriracha sauce on top of the celery pieces.
- Put about 2 or so tablespoons of salsa on top of the celery.
- Put a tablespoon or so of hummus dip somewhere on the celery.
- Cut up a sour pickle into small pieces and put on top.
- Voila! You have a batch of slow, sloppy, spickle sticks to eat. You might need a few napkins for this. You have about 27 small strips of spicy celery, about 10 pieces of pickle, and a bunch of salsa, and hummus dip to enjoy on top or on the side. It is sloppy and fun, and the slower you savor them, the longer they last. I would suggest 20 to 45 minutes if you can.
When you have finished them, you will not be hungry any more, and you will have barely put any calories, fat or carbs in your body.
If you are not a fan of celery like I am, you can substitute carrots or cauliflower, or broccoli, or any other raw vegetable that your prefer.
Weight loss tip number 50 of 100:
Work raw vegetables into your day in a creative way.
Do you have any creative low-cal concoctions you would like to share?
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
- Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.
- End yo-yo dieting for good. Decide to lose weight permanently with a lifetime strategy.
- Simply think of food as fuel for your body, and you are filling the tank. You are in charge!
- Enjoy your journey to your new healthy weight, and keep a sense of humor.
- SIT OR SPIT!
- Create an extensive list of diversions to keep you from giving in to a craving.
- Lose weight slowly.
- Work raw vegetables into your day in a creative way.