I just found a magic wand. I raised it high in the air and waved it all around. I chanted some magic words. Then, I made five heartfelt wishes for you that can make you thin. Here they are:
Wish 1: Create positive new eating habits for yourself.
Wish 2: Use those new habits for the rest of your life.
Wish 3: Never, ever diet again.
Wish 4: Self-Compassion.
Wish 5: Be satisfied with losing weight slowly.
There is no way around it. To lose a significant amount of weight forever, it takes hard work and requires making permanent changes. Making permanent changes takes practice and determination. Practice and determination will be necessary because numerous failures will occur along the way. Big deal, just hang in there for the long haul.
I have weighed myself every morning. It is an investment of about three seconds every day. I have found the scale to be honest, unlike the people who promise quick weight loss in diet books.
I started my permanent weight-loss plan about 2,800 days ago. I gained weight 1,300 of those days—about 47% of the time. The good news is that I lost weight 53% of the days, which left a net weight loss of 30 pounds (I’m very happy with that).
During this time, my weight has never gone up more than 3 pounds from my lowest weight. A 3-pound gain is a line in the sand weight for me, and I compensate immediately.
For those of you looking for an easy way to lose weight quickly, this blog is probably not for you. But, for those who are seeking slow and steady permanent weight loss, you are in the right place. You already know how to do half of the things in my plan if you have ever been on a diet. All I have to do is make you aware of them, and you will remember.
However, I developed some creative new ideas that I’m certain you’ve never heard that will help you. For example, I suggest having an honest, written conversation with yourself every day using your non-dominant writing hand. Or, using a combination of charts that will help reveal everything you need to know about what works or doesn’t work for you. Or, 30 minutes of daily mental exercise in lieu of some physical exercise. And, I developed a way for you to be on a low-carb and low-fat diet at the very same time.
My plan is creative and fun, and I can almost follow it without trying anymore. The best part is that I eat any food I want, whenever I want. And, I enjoy food more than any other time during my life. I am totally enthused with what I have created and the permanent results I have achieved.
Weight Loss tip 48 of 100: Lose weight slowly.
If I can help you in any way, please email me at email@example.com. I would be happy to share with you what I have finally figured out about losing weight permanently.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
- Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.
- End yo-yo dieting for good. Decide to lose weight permanently with a lifetime strategy.
- Simply think of food as fuel for your body, and you are filling the tank. You are in charge!
- Enjoy your journey to your new healthy weight, and keep a sense of humor.
- SIT OR SPIT!
- Create an extensive list of diversions to keep you from giving in to a craving.
- Lose weight slowly.