Take no more than three seconds, and decide which shape best describes you…Is it a triangle, square or circle?
The shape you select will give you tremendous insight into yourself and your chances at significant weight loss. So, take three seconds and pick your shape right now.
If you picked the triangle, you have the highest chance of being thin because you are strong and determined. Unfortunately, very few people pick the triangle. People who choose the square are planners and hard workers, and even fewer people pick the square.
The vast majority of people relate mostly with the circle. So, chances are you picked the circle. The results are disturbing and may shock you. If you are under 21 do not continue reading.
Circles are basically SEX MANIACS!!!!
Not really, but now that I have your attention, I want to share with you a very important concept that can save you thousands of calories and potentially dozens of pounds a year.
Weight Loss tip 47 of 100: Create an extensive list of diversions to keep you from giving in to a craving.
There are three categories of diversions:
- Fun and pleasurable diversions
- Productive diversions
- Get the hell out of the house diversions
Fun and pleasurable diversions could include computer games, reading a magazine or book, watching a sporting event or a movie, listening to your favorite music, taking a bath or shower, manicure or pedicure, doing something with your hands like knitting, sewing, or using your tools to build or fix something.
Productive diversions include activities and tasks that give you a sense of accomplishment and/or relief. They are stress reducing, which gives you a double whammy on temptation and cravings. These activities may include cleaning, organizing, de-cluttering, doing taxes, yard work, washing the car, etc.
Getting the hell out of the house diversions should be your last resort. This is an all-out emergency when you have to physically leave the premises. Food is actually talking to you. The doughnuts, M&M’s, and potato chips are saying, “I am delicious, salty, and sweet. Come eat me right now. Your diet can wait.” You are coming apart, so at worst you should walk out the door immediately or get in your car and drive somewhere. Go to the health club, Walmart, Saks or Golf Express. Go putt, get a massage or do anything that helps you leave the premises immediately.
So, create three diversion lists. When you wake up every morning, select one diversion off each of the three lists as your focus for the day. Successful, permanent weight loss requires planning and being prepared. There is no way around it. It is hard work, but you are definitely worth it.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
- Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.
- End yo-yo dieting for good. Decide to lose weight permanently with a lifetime strategy.
- Simply think of food as fuel for your body, and you are filling the tank. You are in charge!
- Enjoy your journey to your new healthy weight, and keep a sense of humor.
- SIT OR SPIT!
- Create an extensive list of diversions to keep you from giving in to a craving.