About a month ago at an estate sale, an elderly lady sold me what she said was a personal journal from “Curly” of the Three Stooges. In it, I found two full pages of outrageous diet tips. Some of these unheard of tips were difficult to read because of the age and condition of the journal.
However, I will do my best to share these tips and quotes with you as accurately as possible. The first diet tip was hard to read, but I think it said something about putting your tongue in your cheek. I would definitely consult with your doctor before you adopt any of Curly’s diet tips.
Curly’s supposed diet tips:
- If you keep your head in the sand, it is impossible to eat.
- If you decide to weigh yourself, be sure and hold your stomach in.
- Chocolate comes from a plant, so you can consider it a salad.
- If your doctor tells you to exercise, say you misunderstood and thought you heard to eat “extra fries.”
- My doctor told me I will regret those mornings after stuffing myself the night before. So now I try to sleep past noon.
- Name your dog “5 miles” so you can say you walk 5 miles every day.
- If it is not good to have midnight snacks, there wouldn’t be lights in refrigerators.
- On day one of any new diet, I remove all the bad foods from the house. They’re delicious!
- The only thing I lose on a two-week diet is 14 days.
- I think I am in shape. Round is a shape isn’t it?
- My favorite diet has been the “Lite diet.” I start eating as soon as it turns light.
Weight loss tip 45 of 100: Enjoy your journey to your new healthy weight, and keep a sense of humor.
It’s hard to eat while you are laughing. So, when you’re experiencing an intense food craving, try an activity that makes you laugh or that is fun to you. Maybe like the Three Stooges?
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
- Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.
- End yo-yo dieting for good. Decide to lose weight permanently with a lifetime strategy.
- Simply think of food as fuel for your body, and you are filling the tank. You are in charge!
- Enjoy your journey to your new healthy weight, and keep a sense of humor.