I was in New York City at an exotic restaurant a number of years ago, and I decided to be adventurous. I ordered monkey brains as my appetizer. That’s right, monkey brains.
I was served a small dollop of monkey brains in a beautiful ornate silver bowl with a tiny spoon. I asked the waiter how the monkey brains were prepared. His answer made me sick to my stomach and very upset. He said…
The monkey brains were not cooked. They were raw, and very fresh. He told me that some people believe that monkey brains are a source of wisdom and make you feel closer to God.
I learned a valuable lesson from this dining experience. I started paying much closer attention to what foods I put in my mouth and why. I promoted myself to be the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of my mind and my body for life.
Surprisingly, monkey brains are a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced whole food. After a little research, I saw that a small serving has just 67 calories, 5 grams of fat, 4 carbs and 4 grams of protein. So what! Yuck!
Trust me, I will not be eating a single bite of raw monkey brains for the rest of my life. After all, I, and only I, am the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of my mind and my body. And you, and only you, are the CEO of your mind and body. (Link to CEO blog.)
There is absolutely no one that can make you or I eat anything that we do not want to eat. And as CEO, we can also decide to eat less of something, such as sugar. I promise eating too much sugar only inhibits weight loss. Foods that contain both sugar and fat, are even worse.
Weight loss tip 44 of 100: Simply think of food as fuel for your body, and you are filling the tank. You are in charge!
And one last thought about monkey brains… “A mind is a terrible thing to taste!”
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
- Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.
- End yo-yo dieting for good. Decide to lose weight permanently with a lifetime strategy.
- Simply think of food as fuel for your body, and you are filling the tank. You are in charge!