Sometimes it takes just one simple idea to change your life forever. Once, I learned a great weight loss idea from a moron. You probably know this moron. Do you want to know his name?
Well, this moron’s name is Oxy, “OXYMORON” to be specific. The oxymoron I’m discussing is “PERMANENT WEIGHT LOSS.” The words “permanent weight loss” do not seem like they belong together. Permanent weight loss? What the heck is that? Who can manage to lose weight permanently? Virtually no one.
My guess is that less than 1% of the people who go on weight-loss plans of any kind reach their goal weight and stay there for the rest of their life. If you disagree, please tell me one person you know that has lost 50 pounds, kept it off for 10 years or more and never gained it back? I bet you can’t do it.
So, I am on a mission to not only lose weight, but also develop a strategy for permanent weight loss.
After 8 years of research combined with some trial and error, I have come up with my own personal strategy.
I have lost 30 pounds slowly and methodically. My weight has never been 3 pounds higher than the lowest weight I have achieved. I now have a strategy to successfully compensate immediately if I gain 1 to 3 pounds.
Permanent weight loss can be attained with minimal, if any, physical exercise. However, it will require taking at least 30 minutes a day of mental exercise. After all, successful weight loss is 90% mental. So, consider shifting your focus from dieting to permanent weight loss.
Weight Loss tip 43 out of 100: End yo-yo dieting for good. Decide to lose weight permanently with a lifetime strategy.
Permanent weight loss also involves total honesty with oneself, commitment, simple math and score keeping.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
- Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.
- End yo-yo dieting for good. Decide to lose weight permanently with a lifetime strategy.