I have lost about 30 pounds in the last few years while allowing myself to eat the following foods:
Hershey bars and Mars bars, birthday cake, fried chicken, fried pickles, pizza, ice cream, barbecued ribs, cheese, rib-eye steak, feta cheese, malted milk balls, buttered popcorn, grilled sausage, French fries, onion rings, potato chips, chocolate-covered pretzels, pecan pie, and even fried chicken fat. This is how I have been able to do it.
I record everything I eat in an app called myfitnesspal. I do this every single day. It takes me about 3 minutes max. So, I have learned a ton about my daily caloric needs.
Losing weight is simple math and the calorie rules. So, to lose weight, become an expert on how many calories you need to eat daily.
Also, if you logged into myfitnesspal app, you would see that I eat mostly whole, healthy and nutritious foods, such as fruits, vegetable, salads and lean protein. I prefer eating whole foods because they make me feel better and look better.
So, I now eat more of the healthy foods and less of the fattening foods. But, I do not deny myself anything. I am human, you know, just like you. And I aim for sustained and permanent weight loss.
Weight loss tip 42 of 100: Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.
To learn your daily caloric needs, do the following every day for just two weeks:
- Record everything you put in your mouth.
- DO NOT EXERCISE (very important). Resume exercise after 2 weeks, if you desire.
- Record your total calories on a piece of paper every day.
- Record your weight on the same piece of paper next to the calories every day.
- At the end of 14 days, total and average your weight.
- At the end of 14 days, total and average your calories.
- Compare average calories and average weight.
If you do this for just two weeks, you will know a heck of a lot more about your daily caloric needs.
I suggest you lose weight slowly to give yourself the best chance at permanent weight loss. Also, I suggest that you occasionally enjoy your favorite fattening foods.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
- Know how many calories you need a day to maintain weight, and eat just a little less.