One of the most iconic and fattening restaurant foods of all time has been updated. Yes, it’s time to welcome the brand new version of the “Bloomin’ Onion.” It is now the fully-loaded blooming onion. Outback actually calls it the “Loaded Bloom.” Let me describe it to you.
Imagine the greasy, delicious, gluttonous, fried Bloomin’ Onion being served at your table. But now, picture that same Bloomin’ Onion topped with chili cheese fries, bacon and a layer of creamy, spicy sauce. Roughly 2,400 calories of greasy goodness and 200 grams of fat. Now that’s some serious food.
I should add my “Skinny and Debt Free disclaimer” at this point to clarify that I am NOT suggesting you make a food choice like the “Loaded Bloom.” However, if you decide to indulge, consider:
- Praying for forgiveness before taking the first bite.
- Breathing deeply and trying to calm yourself before taking the second bite. And then pray again.
- After that, take a few more bites, very slowly and taste the food. Enjoy every bite. You might as well, right?
- When you begin to feel satisfied, quit eating and put your fork down. Not easy, but it can be done with practice.
- In a situation like this, I sometimes pull out my emergency sugar free wintergreen mint out of my pocket and put it in my mouth. (In my world, the sweet taste signals finality.)
I am a firm believer that no one should ever go on a diet. I also believe that no one should have a forbidden food. Diets do not work, and giving up your favorite foods for life, is not a sustainable concept.
So, I would like to share with you tips 39, 40 and 41. These are 3 of the 22 affirmations I say every day.
Weight-Loss Tip 39 of 100: I control food. Food does not control me.
Weight-Loss Tip 40 of 100: Food is simply fuel for my body
Weight-Loss Tip 41 of 100: I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
If you really need a fully-loaded Bloomin’ Onion, then eat it. But, I doubt you do.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- Food is simply fuel for my body.
- I eat what I “need” the most, not what I “want” the most.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.