There are more than 300 million CEOs in America. In fact, every single American is the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of their own mind and body. As CEOs, we decide what food we put in our mouths.
We are totally responsible for where, what, when, why and how much we eat. We are in charge, and we are accountable. So, why is America getting fatter? You are not going to like what I have to say.
We make excuses to ourselves continuously. Do any of these sound familiar to you?
- “I will never lose weight”
- “I am way too busy to cook.”
- “I messed up again…what’s the use of trying.”
- “I will start my diet next Monday.”
- “I will start my diet next week.”
- “I will start my diet next month.”
- “I don’t have time to exercise.”
- “I ate the cake because I did not want to hurt Aunt Clara’s feelings.”
- “I just can’t turn down M&M’s.”
- “I just have a slow metabolism, and it isn’t fair.”
- “There is not a grocery store near me.”
- “It is too expensive to eat healthy.”
- “Dieting sucks. It is just too hard to lose weight.”
- “I get too hungry.”
- “I have no willpower.”
- “It’s just too hard.”
All of the above excuses could be true. However, none of them matter if you want to be healthy and fit. You have to develop a plan to overcome each excuse.
What if I told you I would give a million dollars, if you simply devised a specific plan to overcome all of the above challenges and objections. Would you do it? What if I told you I would give you another million dollars if you follow your plan and lose 10 pounds? Do you think you could lose 10 pounds?
If you are obese or significantly overweight, devising a plan to start losing weight may be the best financial decision you ever make. Obese people spend about 40 percent more on healthcare expenses during their life.
It all starts with a plan. You are the CEO of your mind and body. Write up your initial plan today.
Weight Loss tip number 38 of 100: Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
- Eat like a turtle walks.
- Develop a detailed weight loss plan as CEO! (Chief Eating Officer)
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.