Supposedly, Frankenstein was said to have been over 8 feet tall. I could not find his actual weight, but you have to guess he weighed at least 350-400 pounds. Surprisingly, that is a pretty healthy weight for someone his size.
So, why would they possibly consider having Frankenstein on the TV show “The Biggest Loser?” When you think about it, the answer is pretty obvious.
No one wants to be on ‘The Biggest Loser’ anymore!!
And I can’t say I blame them. Why? Because the majority of the contestants on the TV program have gained all or a significant portion of their weight back. A few weigh even more than when they started.
Now, I admit I watch this TV show every year. I enjoy competition. So if anyone is competing for anything, I want to watch it. It’s also exciting to see people lose 10 to 25 pounds a week.
Actually, it is nearly impossible to lose that much weight in one week. However, the contestants do, and this is how:
…Near starvation dieting before weigh-ins.
…Working out 7 hours a day in the gym.
…Having personal trainers screaming at them 24/7.
…Puking a lot from over-exertion.
…Purposely getting severely dehydrated before weigh-ins.
….Diet including unhealthy, genetically altered foods called frankenfoods. (Possibly clearing up Frankenstein’s willingness to be a contestant next season)
So, if you are interested in getting healthy and losing weight, I strongly suggest you do NOT do it the Biggest Loser way. It is simply not sustainable for permanent weight loss. Instead, do this:
- Develop your own reasonable lifetime plan to lose and maintain weight.
- Eat whole, healthy and nutritious food.
- Exercise reasonably for no more than an hour a day.
- Lose weight slowly, comfortably and methodically, by changing your habits of what, where, when, why and how much you eat.
Weight loss tip 36 of 100: Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
By eliminating 350 calories a day by eating a little less or exercising a little more, you can lose more than 100 pounds in 3 years. And your chances of keeping it off will increase significantly.
Enjoy this scene from Mel Brooks’ classic movie, “Young Frankenstein.” Remember, laughing burns calories, too!
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
- Avoid the uncomfortable feeling of fullness forever.
- Eat to live and no longer live to eat.
- Have a goal of losing 1 pound every 10 days.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.