It is incredibly hard and frustrating to try to lose weight forever! It is very hard work! We fail time after time. And every time we fail, we go through a series of emotions…
We cry, we wish, we obsess, we rationalize, we commit, we fall down, we get up, we start over, we pray, we binge, we fast, we disappoint, we loathe, we scream, we stop, we start, we fail, we fail, we fail, we fail, we fail, we fail.
It is not fun to fail time after time after time.
We do all of these things because of the love of food and the hate of feeling hungry. And, our mixed up feelings and emotions are to blame.
But, every single person who has ever succeeded in permanent weight loss, has one thing in common.
THEY ONLY SUCCEEDED ONCE, AND IT WAS ON THEIR VERY LAST TRY.
Forty-five million people in the US go on a diet every year—and roughly 95 percent fail. But, the great news is that leaves 2,000,000 people who succeed and reach their weight-loss goal permanently.
You can be one of the successful 2,000,000 people this year! So don’t give up.
Giving up on your weight-loss goal because of one setback is like slashing the other three tires because you have a flat.
Weight Loss tip 33 of 100: Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life
- Multiple failures are to be expected on your way to your goal weight. Never, ever give up!
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.