Stop, what you are doing right now, and go look at your driver’s license. What weight is listed on it? Is it the truth? The whole truth? And nothing but the truth? I bet not.
The weight on my driver’s license is almost as ridiculous as the title I concocted for this blog post. I put 215 pounds when I really weighed 222. So what? Who cares? Well, unfortunately the Judge cares, and that is all that matters.
And who is this “judge?” I am the judge of me, and you are the judge of you. No one else matters. To successfully become skinny and debt free, it is imperative to be totally honest with yourself.
Be honest with yourself about the following:
- Weigh yourself every day and record your honest weight. (Remember holding your stomach in is not going to help when you get on the scale.)
- Calculate and record your daily calories every day. (Everything you put in your mouth.)
If you write your daily weight next to your calories every day, you will know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Losing weight is simple math. The scale does not lie, and you will begin to understand the amount of calories you need daily to maintain your weight and to lose weight.
Weight Loss Tip 32 of 100: Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
Oh, and by the way, I weighed 205 pounds this morning, which is 10 pounds less than what I have on my driver’s license—I’m pretty proud of that. I hope recidivism is low for offenders like me.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
- Eat the first meal of the day when you get hungry. Do not call it breakfast any more.
- The first meal of the day should be whole, healthy and nutritious food of any kind.
- Eat more energy-dense foods, like fruits and vegetables, to fill your stomach and help you lose weight.
- Be totally honest with yourself if you are serious about losing weight for life.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.