Once I had a conversation with a 100-year-old millionaire named Finda. I do not know her last name, but I will ask her the next time I see her. During our conversation, Finda shared one simple idea that illustrates how you can eat your way out of debt and become skinny and debt free.
Martin: Finda, how have you been able to stay so healthy and fit and accumulate so much money? I know you did not inherit money, and you worked in a modest job teaching math to high school students.
Finda: Early in my life, I was overweight and in a lot of debt. I hated being fat and owing people money, so I made up my mind to do something about it when I was in my 20’s.
Martin: So, Finda what did you do?
Finda: I started living within my means and concentrated on saving money on food and drinks. I figured out that if I spent less money on what I put in my mouth, that I could save a lot of money. Over time, I lost weight, paid off my debts and became a very rich lady just from saving money on food and drinks. Like you say, it is possible to “eat your way out of debt!”
Martin: Wow! That’s awesome. I am determined to help people lose weight and debt. Please give me your simplest, most valuable idea on how to become skinny and debt free, so I can share it with my readers.
Finda: Sure! My advice is to not spend money on bottled water. There are more than 100 places to get free water out of the tap in this small office building alone. Free water is everywhere. We have great water in this city. That 20-year-old woman over there spends about five dollars a day on bottled water. If she started drinking tap water instead, she would save almost $2,000 a year. If she put this savings in A Roth IRA, her money would compound and accumulate tax free. By the time she retired, she would have a huge nest egg. If she lived to be my age, she would be a millionaire. All it would take is her giving up her bad habit of drinking bottled water.
Martin: What great advice, Finda! You have shared an idea on how to eat your way out of debt with food savings. You have taught us how to literally put our money where our mouth is.
Martin: Oh yeah, Finda, I have been meaning to ask you your last name. What is it?
Martin: Oh, that makes sense now. Your name is Finda Faucet.
Weight loss tip number 27 of 100: Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
Weight Loss tip number 28 of 100: Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
Here are the other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind fullor mindfulwhen you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
- Eating less is more important in weight loss, than exercising more.
- It takes hard work, commitment and a lot of time to become skinny and debt free for life!!
- Drink plenty of water every day, but don’t spend money on bottled water—unless you live in a place with unhealthy water.
- Avoid all liquids with calories that cost money. Instead, drink plenty of water.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-Founder of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.