There is no need for any more diet books in the world. Stop the madness! We already know what to do!
I am convinced there is only one way to lose weight and keep it off. You must follow your own custom-made and individualized weight-loss plan.
Thousands of diet books exist in the world, but few people are able to lose weight and keep it off. If diet books worked, everyone would be skinny and the diet industry would be bankrupt. However, that is not the case.
Isn’t it confusing when a new diet book comes out and discredits the last diet concept that we’ve all been following for the past few years? In reality, when you boil it all down, all diet books say the exact same thing…
“Just eat a little less, and move around a little more.”
For instance, I just received inside information about the newest diet concept coming out soon that I’m sure you’re dying to hear.
New concept: If you eat nothing but carbs while standing on one leg at 3:00 p.m. every day, you will have six-pack abs within the very first week….. “NOT!”
So, let’s forget about the countless diet concepts and start writing your own weight loss plan.
Weight loss tip 24 of 100: Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
First, go to the library and spend less than 30 minutes browsing through three diet books of your choice. If you find an idea you like, jot it down on a piece of paper. Use these ideas plus what you already know, and write your plan.
If you happen to be a married man, I suggest avoiding the diet books that are made up mainly of weight loss recipes. Let’s face it, you’re not going to cook any of that stuff, and if you ask your wife to start cooking the recipes, she will tell you that you’re out of your mind.
And, another thing about recipes….DIETS ARE NOT ABOUT FOOD.
Successful weight-loss and maintenance plans are mainly about mental and emotional issues, changing behavior, and creating new habits for life. It takes practice and commitment.
While you’re writing your own weight-loss plan, I suggest reading my posts on SkinnyAndDebtFree.com. Let me be your diet research coordinator.
I won’t charge you anything, and I’ve reviewed my share of weight-loss strategies. I’ve already done the research for you, and I will post a new tip for you every week until I get to 100 tips. I am confident in what I’ve learned, and it works great for me. I’ve lost 26 pounds over four years and kept it off.
Thanks to all of you who have been reading my blog posts and have signed up for the Skinny and Debt Free newsletter. If you haven’t signed up for the newsletter yet, sign up here.
To recap, reading thousands of diet books will not help you reach your permanent weight-loss goal. You are fully equipped and ready to lose weight with your own customized plan.
Here are our other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind fullor mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
- Read Skinny and Debt Free blog posts every week and lose weight and debt permanently.
- You can do anything you make up your mind to do!
- You have an abundant, unlimited supply of willpower!
- Set small, incremental one-pound goals to accomplish.
- Reward yourself immediately for reaching each one-pound goal.
- Write your own personalized weight loss plan.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-CEO of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.