Is it possible that a law could be passed in the United States that would make it illegal to be too thin? Yes, it is possible. Similar laws have recently been passed in France, Spain and other countries.
For instance, in France, women now have to be above a certain BMI (Body Mass Index) in order to be professional models.
So, yes, there is a legislative precedent that it can be illegal to be too thin. Italy, Israel and other countries have passed similar laws for professional models. There are heavy fines and possible jail sentences for up to 6 months for breaking these laws.
So, what would keep the US from also passing a law that would make it illegal to be too thin?
We have a presidential candidate in the US right now, Bernie Sanders, who, if elected, pledges to redistribute wealth. The premise is that it is unfair for some people to be too wealthy, when other people are not.
So, would it not be possible, that it could be considered unfair that some people get to be skinny when others have to be overweight or obese?
If so, it would be very difficult to require overweight people to be thin. So, the only alternative would be to require thin people to get fatter. Maybe the law would force thin people to gain a certain amount of weight each year to avoid penalties.
We already have a new agency called the CFPB regulating banks and other financial institutions. We could simply use the same initials CFPB and change the name to the Consumer Fat Protection Bureau.
This does seem a little ludicrous on the surface, and I am just having a little fun. But, it is at least a way for me to introduce weight loss tips number 17 and 18 on my list of 100 lifetime eating tips.
Weight Loss Tip 17 of 100: You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
Weight Loss Tip 18 of 100: Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
The next thing you know Mattel might have to add a fat Barbie Doll to their line of dolls. News flash….it has already been done.
Here are our other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
- You and only you are the CEO (Chief Eating Officer) of your own body.
- Always be proud and thankful for your miraculous body no matter what the size.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-CEO of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.