Sometimes I get so sick and tired of hearing the same old diet tips over and over. Mostly because some tips I simply do not agree with.
Right now, I’m eating at my desk while typing this blog post. I’m pretty sure I’m committing diet blasphemy. Everyone who has ever read a diet book or blog knows that when you eat you’re not supposed to do anything else but eat.
In other words, eat mindfully, or do not eat at all.
Though this sounds great, sometimes it’s just not practical to spend 30 minutes eating a small meal by yourself at your desk and doing nothing else. Many of us are way too busy for that. It’s not like we are working on the farm and Granny calls the entire family in for lunch.
This is 2016, and we are all very busy multi-tasking. So, I suggest an alternative for mindful eating that I don’t think will kill you or make you obese. I call it…
Mind full eating, and this is how it works.
If you do not have time to sit and admire your food while you eat it, just do something else you need to do while you eat. It is okay. The world will not end.
So, here is weight loss tip 16 of 100: It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Either one is fine, just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
For example, I just did this blog post while eating a tuna fish sandwich. So shoot me.
Here are our other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person..
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
- It is okay to be mind full or mindful when you eat. Just eat your food slowly, and do not eat too much.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-CEO of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.