This morning I hit my line in the sand weight. Oy gavalt!! (Translation: Oh S—t!!) The good news is I’m committed to a strategy that has worked for me 100 percent of the time when I gain 3 pounds. I call it my “Immediate Compensation Plan.” It’s simple, and I know it will work for you as well.
Here are 9 powerful words that summarize my “Immediate Compensation Plan.”
Eat a little less and exercise a little more.
I’m certain this is the only strategy that can keep anyone under their line in the sand weight. Believe me; I have tried many other strategies. None of them work.
For example, these 8 strategies DID NOT work for me at all, and I suggest you DO NOT TRY them.
- I will start my diet next Monday.
- I will start my diet next Tuesday.
- I will start my diet next Wednesday.
- I will start my diet next week.
- I will start my diet next month.
- I will start my diet after the holidays.
- I will just hold my breath when I get on the scale from now on, and maybe I will weigh less.
- I will quit weighing altogether.
Here are some rationalizations I have tried that DO NOT work either:
- I am just big boned.
- My brother, David eats like a horse, and he never gains weight.
- It is just not fair.
- I have a very slow metabolism.
- What the hell, I might as well finish eating the bag of potato chips.
After trying different strategies and making rationalizations that never worked, I adopted the following two common sense strategies. If adopted and followed, you will be able to maintain the weight you have already lost for the rest of your life.
Weight loss tip 14 of 100: Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
I suggest that you always change your line in the sand weight to 3 pounds over your lowest weight you have achieved during your weight loss journey. When your weight goes down a pound, your line in the sand weight goes down a pound.
For example, if your lowest weight is 140, your line in the sand weight should be 143. If your weight goes down to 135, your line in the sand weight would be 138.
Weight loss tip 15 of 100: If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
Simply cut back your calorie intake about 5 to 10 percent, and burn about 5-10 percent more calories exercising until you are back below your line in the sand weight.
Here are our other steps so far:
- Cut your weight loss goal in half.
- Weigh yourself every day on a digital scale.
- Self-esteem is more important than cookies and cream.
- Eat slowly! Eat very slowly!
- Eat in the sitting position only.
- Record all of your food and exercise daily in a free app like MyFitnessPal.
- The net calorie rules period, end of story.
- NEVER, ever go on a diet again. Just allow yourself to lose weight.
- Observe, learn and practice eating like a naturally thin person.
- Always leave food on your plate.
- Take a 10-minute daily mental vacation.
- Say daily affirmations.
- Create Vivid Visualizations.
- Have a line in the sand weight you never go over.
- If your weight creeps up to your line in the sand weight, COMPENSATE IMMEDIATELY.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-CEO of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.