One of the best things about walking is that the heavier you are, the more calories you burn. And by being just half-assed about your walking program, it might even help you lose half your ass over time. Walking burns calories and is free. Anyone can do it. You can do it inside or outside. You can do it in hot weather or cold weather. You can do it by yourself or with a friend. You can do it in the city or the country. You literally can walk yourself to being skinny and debt free.
It is simple math. You will lose approximately three pounds a year for every five extra minutes of daily walking. Walk an extra 30 minutes a day and you will lose about 18 pounds a year.
Besides losing weight, here are 13 other benefits of walking:
- Stress reduction
- Time to meditate, pray, think or relax your mind
- Time to keep up with current events on radio or podcasts
- Improve relationships by walking with family or friends
- Enjoy nature
- Learn your way around a new city while travelling
- Plan your future
- Save money on health clubs, gas and medical expense
- Plan your day
- Time to figure out how to ask your boss for a raise, time off, or a promotion
- Time to count your blessings
- Time to think through a problem or develop a new opportunity
- Time to visualize yourself skinny and debt free
Walking is easy and fun to do. It has the lowest dropout rate of any exercise. It is efficient, free, and healthy. I hope you consider this blog a swift kick in the butt to get you moving. Next year you might not have a butt to kick!
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-CEO of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.