Fried chicken is the best food in the world, bar none. If I smell it, I want it. If I see it, I want it. If someone just mentions the words, fried chicken, I have to have it. It is my trigger food. I imagine that it will be appealing to me the rest of my life.
Here are 6 common sense ideas to help you deal with your particular trigger food, whether it is doughnuts, chocolate, pizza, French fries or fried cheese.
- Eat your trigger food occasionally. It will more than likely not kill you.
- Eat a much smaller portion.
- Eat it very slowly so you can savor and enjoy.
- Leave a little food on your plate.
- Do not keep it in the house except on the day you are going to eat it.
- Practice eating a very small portion of your trigger food this week.
If we are to be skinny and debt free, we need to stop dieting. We need to simply tweak or change a few habits for a lifetime.
Lose weight and get out of debt. Sign up for our monthly newsletter (Opt out at any time).
Martin Sher, Co-CEO of AmSher Compassionate Collections® is on a mission to help 5 million people lose weight and be debt free.
Martin is past president of ACA International, and author of the Collector’s Pledge — hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect.