As part of the Skinny and Debt free blog, I am going to offer up many challenges over time. The challenges are meant to help give you the knowledge, skills and experience to become skinny and debt free. Please try each one of these challenges at least once. Obviously, you can pick out the ones that work best for your life.
If you eat out for dinner at least once a week, give this challenge a try. This year it could save you about $500.00 and help you lose about 7 pounds, just by using this technique one time a week.
- Order what you want off of the menu.
- Ask the server to serve you half the portion. Put the other half of the meal in a to-go box.
- Tell the server to please keep in the kitchen and give to you when you are ready to leave the restaurant.
- Eat the half that is served to you mindfully and enjoy every bite.
- You will feel satiety around the 20 minute mark, so be sure to take your time. You will not go home hungry.
When the meal is over, the server should have put your to go box in a bag for an easy and unobtrusive exit from the restaurant.
By eating the other remaining portion that is left over for lunch or dinner the next day, you will have consumed 2 restaurant meals for the price of one. By doing this, you have spread the potential calories of one meal over two meals.
If you are extra savvy, you and your guest can bring a Buy-One-Get-One coupon with you to receive two meals for the price of one. This would result in 4 meals for the price of one, by only eating half at the restaurant.
With a little creativity and practice, you can eat your way out of debt, and be skinny and debt free.
Martin Sher, Co-CEO of AmSher Collection Agency and a past president of ACA International, is the author of the Collector’s Pledge. Hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect. AmSher is known as the collection agency that collects with compassion.