What I can do is make some specific suggestions about food, diet, exercise, and debt that you could initiate and get immediate results this month?
Here are 6 things you can do:
1. Do not join a health club. If you are already a member of a health club, drop out when your membership lapses. This is the first way you can save $500-$1000 for the year (apply the money that has now been freed to your most stressful debts first). If you are not in debt, there is no need to do this.
2. Start walking. Walking is an exercise you can do anywhere. It is free. You can do it inside or outside, in the city or in the country, while at home or traveling, in hot or cold weather, and whether you feel like doing it or not. You might need to eventually buy a new pair of walking shoes, but that’s about it. If you do not walk already, then you should start. You could lose roughly 150 calories a day by walking just one mile a day. If this was the only change you made this year, you would lose 15 pounds in 2015.
3. Do not spend one red cent on diet products, diet programs, diet gadgets, pills, debt consolidation, debt plans, or anything else. Every idea or suggestion you need to be successful is on the internet. There, we just saved some more money. My pet peeve is to have debt gurus charge money on the front end for a product or service. If you send the money up front you have created additional stress in 2 ways. You are further in debt, and the odds are you will not be successful on that particular plan you paid for. Only a miniscule percentage of the population is successful on these plans. Why make a debt guru like Dave Ramsey rich? Instead put that money on your most stressful debt first.
4. Follow the skinny and debt free compassion plan: It is free. There are no strings attached. The only thing I ask of you is to participate. Make comments of any kind at any time that you think will help the followers of the blog be successful. This blog is meant to be unique because it tackles losing weight and losing debt in one place.
5. Do everything humanly possible to live within your means. I realize this is easier said than done. And it might take a little time. However, we cannot start to eliminate serious debt until this is accomplished. I promise, if you make a small sacrifice or two now, and don’t give up, you will, over time, be able to lose weight, lose debt, improve your standard of living, raise your credit score, and have some savings for emergencies and retirement. Stress will be reduced and you will gain confidence and enjoy some peace of mind.
6. You can do anything you make up your mind to do. Change is very difficult, especially the older you are. However, you will never be successful until you make some changes that you turn into positive habits. Make a change for 21 straight days, and it will become a part of you.
You do not need a magic wand to be skinny and debt free. However the results you will achieve will be magical.
Martin Sher, Co-CEO of AmSher Collection Agency and a past president of ACA International, is the author of the Collector’s Pledge. Hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect. AmSher is known as the collection agency that collects with compassion