A total lobotomy might be in order if you’re to be successful on the Skinny and Debt Free Compassion Plan. Take your old, stale and self-defeating thoughts out of your brain and replace it with 20 new affirmations. I have used a mixture of this list over the last 20 years. Say them every day out loud unless you are in a crowd. It takes just 30 seconds.
- I am CALM – Compassionate, Appreciative, Loving and Mindful.
- God is within me and God gives me strength
- I control food. Food does not control me.
- I eat to live now. I no longer live to eat.
- I succeed in the moment, one moment at a time and one day at a time.
- The Net Calories rule period, end of story.
- Eat a little less and exercise a little more.
- I eat only to satisfy hunger.
- I no longer eat for comfort.
- I no longer eat for entitlement
- I no longer eat for reward.
- I no longer eat for celebration.
- My mindset is now how little I can eat, not how much.
- My mindset is how slow I can eat, not how fast.
- My mindset is how soon I can stop.
- I avoid fullness like the plague.
- I select whole, healthy, nutritious foods.
- I sit and eat slowly, savoring every bite.
- I stop eating at satiety 66.
- I will weigh _____ on _____ and be both skinny and debt free by saving $_____ on food daily.
Please feel free to use these positive thoughts or make up your own. I would suggest saying them when you wake up every day and or before meals or while you take a daily walk. It takes about 30 seconds. Please share any positive affirmations you like to use. The next blog will be about your free, all expenses paid vacation for continuing the journey to being skinny and debt free.
Martin Sher, Co-CEO of AmSher Collection Agency and a past president of ACA International, is the author of the Collector’s Pledge. Hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world have signed this unique document committing to treat people with dignity and respect. AmSher is known as the collection agency that collects with compassion.