Kicking off summertime means kicking off beach-bod season, and while there is no avoiding the need to exercise and eat healthier, lasting weight loss begins in the head. You must have the right attitude; and here are a few ways to help.
In our previous blog post Top 6 Characteristics of Debt Free People, we took a look at the many reasons why and how people are able to get out of debt and stay that way. We are going to focus on that same list to show the similarities between being debt free and skinny.
Here is a list of characteristics of how people lose weight and keep it off.
1. They are wise. They choose the healthier menu options that will give their body nutrition. They eat to stay alive, not because they enjoy it.
2. They are patient. People want too much, too fast. The recommended weight loss is 1-2 lbs. per week. The best results will come if you don’t rush it.
3. They are confident. Feeling confident will transform your behavior and give you the faith in your capability to accomplish your goals. Give yourself pep talks, prepare for setbacks and reward your accomplishments. Because of these things, confidence is essential if you want to be in command of your weight.
4. They are goal-driven. Set small goals. Make a list, like eating more fruits and vegetables, and check them off as you go. Reward yourself when you accomplish your goals, so you recognize the hard work and achievements.
5. They are responsible. Keep track if you are keeping on track. Studies show jotting down daily information encourages accountability. It promotes positive behaviors and diminishes unhealthy ones.
6. They are willing to make sacrifices. Get rid of the old lifestyle and replace it for the improved one. Everyone likes to sleep late. Make the sacrifice to get up and exercise in the morning, or when you are tired at the end of the day and would rather be at home on the couch.
Like credit cards, dieting is also a double-edged sword, but being debt free and healthy is possible. Be practical with your goals. It just takes a little time and effort to do so.
Martin and David Sher are Co-CEO of AmSher Debt Collection Agency. Martin, a past president of ACA International, is the author of the Collector’s Pledge—signed by hundreds of thousands of collectors all over the world committing to treat people with dignity and respect. David’s past president of the International Association of Commercials Collectors, and with his brother, authored the book, How to collect debts and still keep your customers.